washing machine problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
please help:
i have a zanussi washing machine FJS 1225 W, it has begun to make a loud knocking noise when on fast spin. have taken the back off and when spinning really fast the drive belt and wheel seem to move away from the drum. however when the machine is stood the belt and wheel look solid and do not move, what could be the problem?

Sponsored Links
Just replaced ours(same model) for the same problem as the parts needed to repair it were too expensive to make it economical(full drum assy & bearings)

Depends on whether the bearings have failed on their own or maybe the drum support as well.
They can be replaced without changing the whole drum assembly (only needed if there is damage to the drum which is not common and mostly as a result of not attending to the problem when it starts and leaving it too late).

You cannot buy the spider on its own for that model you have to buy the whole drum assy. ( or you did 9 months ago )

Sponsored Links
Not at work now but I am pretty certain spiders can be got for this machine (same one as the 1084 I think). We pretty much use just 2 spiders for most Zanussi, Triciy Bendix, Electrolux machines with split cases that we see (rarely get them from electrolux though)

Yep can be got electrolux part number 5025 30 16-00/5 cost more than the ones we do though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back