Washing Machine problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a indesit WG924 Washing Machine. Today I did a wash and when the timer gets to the cycle that drains the water, the machine stops and does nothing. You can hear the timer clicking but does nothing. The timer sound louder than usual also (may be because I had cover off machine. Even if I move the timer by hand the machine will still not drain. Please can somebody advise what this could be and how to replace the faulty part. :confused:

Sponsored Links
Blockage in the pump or hoses, faulty pump or broken wiring.
As it's not draining it won't do anything nor will the timer move on.
You need to remove the blockage, replace the pump or repair the wiring.

Unplug your appliance before working on it

Thanks very much for your reply. If it were a blockage in the pipe, would the machine not still try to empty the water ? In my case the machine just stops.

Have you checked to see if there's something in the pump?
You need to carry out basic fault finding to find the problem.
I can't give you step by step instructions as remote diagnosis is only "best guess"

Unplug your appliance before working on it.

Sponsored Links
Triedengineer, thanks for the advise. I checked the pump and found two metal strips that were causing a obstruction. The machine work okay now.

Those two metal strips are most likely underwire from a bra. I reckon there's a conspiracy between washine machine repairers and bra manufacturers but no-one believes me...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back