Washing machine problem

Reaction score
Country
Italy
My washing machine had a bit of problem turning unless i put very little clothes in it. I didnt have a chance to fix that because yesterday while washing a very light load and using 95C, i heard a loud bang from the washing machine, during normal washing cycle (not during spinning or draining). At first i thought that something fell from a high shelf in my place. But it was the washing machine and i turned it off and on again and the drum wouldn't turn and i heard strange noise, grinding sort of.
Today i had the chance to open the washing machine and i couldnt find any visible damage. I tried spinning the drum by hand and i heard slight noise, maybe like grinding noise, but very slight and only every once in a while. I removed the belt and tried manualy turning the drum and it turns ok, its a bit hard to turn it and it stops almost immediately, but doesn't make any noises. Then i tried spinning the little puley of motor and again, it turns fine, and every once in a while makes slight noise - and i cannot verify if that noise was there before.
Its to late now to turn it on (incase there is more loud noises) but tomorrow i will try turning it on without any clothes. I was wondering if i can test turning it on without the belt, just to see how the motor behaves ? And if it turns normaly, what would be the next steps ?

The washing machine is over 20 years old and it might be time to buy a new one. But before i toss this one, i would like to learn a thing or 2 about washing machines incase i need this knowledge in the future. The washing machine is Gorenje WA543 front loader.

Here is the vid of what i did so far. There are 2 other vids on that channel that describe my previous problem with drum having difficulty turning even when barely any clothes in.

Attachments

• 20230310_212217.jpg
    20230310_212217.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 28
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back