Whirpool dircet drive washing machine will not agitate/spin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Whirlpool washing machine will not agitate or spin. I tried to turn the drum by hand, but it will not move. The machine pumps water in and, once finished, starts making this grinding noise. I checked the agitator and it seems to be ok. Had the machine on the side one time and after lifting it back up, I was able to turn the drum by hand 1/2 a turn, than it got stuck again. This washer is a direct drive one. Can you help? Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Is this a top loader or a front loader (you have not posted model number or product number)

Whirlpool top loaders have a drive coupling between the motor and the gearbox this can break or strip the lugs preventing the machine from driving the drum. Typically you hear a strange noise and or smell burning rubber.

look like this

http://www.espares.co.uk/part/washi...278/0/0/186627/washing-machine-drive-cou.html

tip the machine back after disconnecting the power and look underneath around the middle of the machine where the motor joins the gearbox.

Is this a top loader or a front loader (you have not posted model number or product number)

Whirlpool top loaders have a drive coupling between the motor and the gearbox this can break or strip the lugs preventing the machine from driving the drum. Typically you hear a strange noise and or smell burning rubber.

look like this

http://www.espares.co.uk/part/washi...278/0/0/186627/washing-machine-drive-cou.html

tip the machine back after disconnecting the power and look underneath around the middle of the machine where the motor joins the gearbox.

My washer is a top loader. The model # is GSQ9310HQ0. Thanks for your help!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back