Washing machine question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My wife accidentally open the washing machine door thinking the cycle programme has finish.Nope,she was wrong :!: then all the water came out on to the floor.I didn't think you can open the door during the programming cycle ? Is it faulty ?

We've got a nice clean floor now :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I would say that either the lock is faulty thus being able to open the door at anytime or the pump is faulty and not getting rid of the water.

I'm not a expert but I have had the same experience. The door was faulty.

depends what make of m/c it is as it may not be the lock, either way some thing is very wrong, call the company who make the m/c and ask them to come out

it could be the pressure switch at fault.It's usually as high up in the machine as it can go and is recognized by having a small pipe going from it down to the drum.This senses the air pressure in the drum and governs electrically the amount of water in and sometimes operates the door lock as well and stops it unlocking when it senses there is water inside.The again,it could be a faulty door switch if the machine seems to fill up to the correct level ok.

Sponsored Links
mikeh2000 said:
it could be the pressure switch at fault.It's usually as high up in the machine as it can go and is recognized by having a small pipe going from it down to the drum.This senses the air pressure in the drum and governs electrically the amount of water in and sometimes operates the door lock as well and stops it unlocking when it senses there is water inside.The again,it could be a faulty door switch if the machine seems to fill up to the correct level ok.
Had this problem a few years back, because of a split in the supply tube, as far as the doorlock was concerned there was never any water in the m/c !!

I come across this type of thing week in week out. The machine door will open 2 to 3 mins after power is removed from it.. This is a standard time but variies from machine to machine. If the thing dont pump out the cycle will normally abort amd possiblly leave the mahine FULL of water. Beware cos when u open the door >>> WHOOSH all over the floor... ALWAYS check visually before opening the door. As for the problem, check pump/filter for foreighn bodies and drum fo missing socks/knickers etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back