washing machine repairs

Sponsored Links
If you tell us what the problem is maybe we can help..Always worth a try.
I repair whirlpool washing machines for a living. Just ask..

Hi Gees, you could just be my knight on shining armour!!
I have a Hotpoint wachine machine Aquaruis model number WMA 30 (about 3 years old). Recently the conditioner isnt rinsing through after the program has finished. Usually I dont do a pre wash, just a main one.
I have checked the main inlet valves (at the back) and they are working ok as I have looked at water sprinkling in where the pre wash compartment is, (i presume the water then should overflow from the prewash compartment into the conditioner compartment to make conditioner flush through the small hole and into the machine.

What do you think the problem could be.. Heeellpp

Georgia :oops:

Is the conditioner drawer getting ANY water at all? In other words what are you left with at the end of the cycle? Is it pure conditioner or a diluted mix with water. If its the latter make sure the syphon is working properly in the soap drawer. If its the former there may be a problem with the timer panel. You may have to reprogramme it so it "knows" what machine it is installed in. I dont have the details here but i can find out.

Sponsored Links
sorry to say but each m/c has a specific timer (although some do fit similar m/c but you do not need to tell it where m/c it is in, we are talking hot point here)
you may also want to read this it is the other post about a hotpoint washing m/c

Gees
There seems to be a little water mixed with conditioner at the end but really no conditioner has flushed through.
How does one reprogram the machine

Love to hear back from you

Georgia :p

............ and is the syphon the hole where the water / conditioner goes down into the machine, if so, i have tested this with water on its own by pouring a jug into it to overflowing point and it all syphons away no problem
:?:

tonygeorge said:
Gees
There seems to be a little water mixed with conditioner at the end but really no conditioner has flushed through.
How does one reprogram the machine

Love to hear back from you

Georgia :p

Edited by breezer ( i misread origonal post)

you can not "reprogramme the m/c" see other post, at bottom to see how it works MANDATE is right with what he says, also the conditioner "tray" should be at a slight angle, not level and sitting at the "handle end" of the drawer

When you look at the compartment holding the conditioner,there no hole for the conditioner to drain from.
The exit hole is at the top of a vertical tube on which you place another tube which is blocked off at the top.
As long as the level of conditioner remains below the level of the exit hole it will stay there. that is until the solinoid operated valve opens at the predetermined time.
The water from the valve tops up the compartment and starts the syphoning.
If you are satisfied that the syphoning is working ok when you top the compartment up slowly by jug with the compartment drawer slightly open then your problem must be related to a lack of water from the solinoid valve.
This means the valve is not operating (faulty solinod maybe)
The valve can be removed and tested for operation or the solinoid can be tested.
If you have found the valve relating to the conditioner why not remove the terminals and check the solinoid for continuity with a ohms meter, that is with the machine unplugged
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

So, just so ive got this right can I confirm what you are saying ----, you think it could be a faulty valve that lets the water IN from the back (Cold) i.e - the valve that sprinkles over the pre-wash tray that overflows to make the conditioner flush into the machine. As I said when I pour cold water in the condiner tray (while the machine is off) if I keep pouring to nearly overflowing, the water then starts to go down the small hole and some kid of suction takes place and the water nearly all disappears into the machine. Are yopu saying that the valve should be sending MORE water than it is so it goes to overflow into the conditioner area

Yes???

Am I correct

Ta

Georgia :LOL:

Yes ! I think you've got it!
The conditioner compartment needs to be topped up with water to start the syphoning and it gets this water from a solinoid operated valve. This is not the main cold water inlet valve on the back of the machine.
You will have to to remove the top cover to find the valve and there may be more than one valve.( one for washing powder one for conditioner)
If you think it is getting some water but not enough to start the syphoning action you could increase the level of conditioner so it requires less water, but be careful or you lose your conditioner into the machine before any washing takes place.

So Mandate
You are telling me to put more conditioner in so it overflows more quickly than usual. This is ok in the short term, but do you really think its my valve (that SUCKS / BLOWS / SPRINKLES in cold water from the back) that is at fault, -should it be sending more water than it is

Let me know Man

Georgia

:eek:

Yes I think the valve is not delivering the water to start the action, either the valve is at fault or it's not being switched on by the program. I know of two cases where the solinoid has failed (both Hotpoint).
It could be as simple as a poor electrical connection to the valve due to vibration.
You wont find out until you start dismantling and testing.
If necessary take the valve out and dismantle it, test it on the bench, rig up a power supply to switch it on and off, If it works ok you'll hear it as the solinoid operates.
You also could have the power leads in the machine going to a lamp instead of/or as well as( piggy back connectors) the valve and observe the lamp coming on at the appropriate time proving the programmer is doing what it should. ( remember don't mess with electric if you don't know what you're doing)
At the moment I would concentrate on the valve which does not suck or blow, it just opens and closes and water runs through when it's open

for £8.68 you can solve the problem,(that's including delivery) new valve see this to be on the safe side check the mm, but i an sure this is the right one

Hi Again fellas - I am so sorry to be a pain in the neck here, but I really appreciate all your help so far in this matter
The water IS coming in through the sprinkler at the rinse part of the program (where the prewash compartment is) so I know the program is working, but perhaps what you are saying is that the rate of water coming in is not sufficient to make it overflow and make the conditioner syphon away. - i.e; valves can be faulty by not delivering the quantity of water required??

Also. does the water overflow because the tray is closed so the there isnt anywhere else for the water to go apart from over each compartment?

Back to the valves....... (sigh!) Are these the valves the ones that the hot and cold pipes connect to from the back of the machine? - if so I have looked at these and the one that goes on to sprinkle the cold water into the prewash tray is a double valve(connected to cold water pipe at the back) and this delivers water to two places - 1. to the prewash compartment, and 2. to the main wash (where the powder would sit) compartment

The other valve is the hot water one

So.....me, thick head is just checking once again... do you think my double valve is faulty by not delivering the correct quantity of water to DO THE JOB!!!! - washing that is!!

Dopy looks forward to hearing from you

Georgia :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back