WASHING MACHINE SPIN

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Ariston washing machine that won't fast spin. It will do the slow spin but the clothes obviously come out dripping wet.
Any ideas all you pros out there?

Sponsored Links
Is it draining water after a wash cycle okay?

I spent last weekend undoing a blockage in mine... and it only came to my attention when the spin cycle wouldn't work as it wasn't draining all the water out first. Instead it would just lock up.

Surely you're clothes shouldn't be dripping - irrespective of the spin. Ps... it was a 5p piece stuck in the pump that caused mine!

spin speed is how a w/m gets the water out so the speed is important. I do know that at least one brand of w/m has an "inbalance detection system" (it really does)
what this does is spin the drum slowly to "see" if the load is evenly distributed, if it isnt it will not spin it.

It may be that ariston have this too, Iused to work for unmentioned company, i once got called to a "no spin m/c because the lady had put in 1 sweat shirt (just 1 nothing else) the m/c detected that as it was out of balance it would not spin it.

It does this because if a m/c is out of balance (i.e . all weight on one side) when it spins it no longer wants to go "round" but in an elipse (egg shape) if it did this it would then jump VIOLENTLY to one side as it spins, i do remeber the case when a m/c did this (old, so it didnt have imbalance detection)It "head butted" a little boy who was watching it (it couldn't go to either side so it shot out violently forwards) all because its load was imbalanced.

The little boy was not injured but severly shaken

So the m/c in the origonal question may not spin because it may have "load imbalance detection" and not want to spin, or as mentioned a blocked outlet pipe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back