Washing machine waste extension hose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is such a silly minor problem that I am now going out of my mind with!

I've just moved into a flat where the washing machine waste is connected to a spigot under the sink. I need to use an extension hose (as I have always done) because the standard one on the washing machine isn't quite long enough.

My issue is, the standard fit extension hose has one 'narrow' rubber end and one 'wider' rubber end. The narrow end pushes onto the washing machine hose, and previously the wider end went down into the stand pipe. But in this new flat the wider end is far too large to fit onto the spigot under the sink. I assumed I had the wrong hose but upon investigating, all extension hoses have the same thing - one narrow rubber end and one wider rubber end. I need two narrow rubber ends!

I am convinced I've missed something really obvious, but everytime I go back to the washing machine still in the middle of the kitchen floor I again decide that I need two narrow ends!

I really hope this makes sense and someone can offer a pearl of wisdom so I can finally shift the washing machine back into place in the kitchen.

Fingers crossed! Thanks
Kerri

Sponsored Links
If i remember correctly, the extension hoses come with an adapter to connect the washing mashine hose (fits inside hose and extension hose, secured with jubilee clips)

Mine has not got a connector, and when I looked around online to find something I could only see spigot-type connectors, so again, the wider end is still too big.

I'm definitely missing something because all the extension hoses have this wider end, and they can't ALL be designed for stand pipe plumbing!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back