Tumble Drier Drain Hose connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I just bought a new condensing drier that comes with a drain hose. So I bought a twin spigot connector and installed it under the sink. Issue is that the washing machine drain fits fine on the end but the tumble drier connection hose is only about 10mm across so doesn't fir the connection. Any ideas how I can find a narrower spigot or any other ideas?

Sponsored Links
Isn't the drain from the drier gravity only - check the instructions but I don't think that it's pumped. If so it needs to go out at low level

Thanks for taking the time to respond. It must be pumped as the instructions tell me to disconnect the current pipe that is at the bottom of the machine and connect the new one. The old pipe runs up the back of the machine into the water vessel at the top.

Hi, just double checked and it is pumped for sure as the manual says the connection to the drain must be no more than 80cm from the floor level. I still haven't found any way of connecting such a narrow pipe to the standard spigot they provide for washing machines etc... Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back