Extending a Washine Machine Hose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I need to extended a washing machine hose. The current connection is a female thread - but it needs to be connected to a spigot on the sink trap.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
A couple of jubilee clips on the connector should do the trick. If you want to be doubly sure, put a few wraps of ptfe over the clip's spigots before you push the hose on and jubilee it down.

thats useally what you would use when joining two waste hoses.
but i can't see why yours has a female thread on the end.

have you a pic ?

thats useally what you would use when joining two waste hoses.
but i can't see why yours has a female thread on the end.

have you a pic ?

You don't suppose the op is getting confused with a waste hose and a blue/red connection pipe?

i don't know, his confused me.
hummm.gif

Or has the OP still got the spigot usually supplied as part of a waste trap still pushed into the end of the waste outlet hose?

Washing machine outlet hoses usually have a plain end that can be either formed into a crook shape and hooked into the top of a washing machine trap standpipe, or pushed over a barbed spigot that's part of a sink trap, and usually clamped with a hose clip.

Usually you can pull out the spigot, leaving a bare hose end, then fit a hose extension kit, which comes with a double ended barbed hose connector and clips to join the hoses.

Or buy a replacement drain hose of an appropriate length to replace the hose on the machine

Or install a seperate washing machine trap adjacent to the machine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back