Washing machine hose on spigot?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just attached a washing machine hose to the spigot on the trap beneath the kitchen sink. When using the machine there is a pretty small leak from this point. I just about eliminated it by severly tightening the jubilee clip. For a better connection is it advisable to smear LSX (or perhaps Dow 785 silicone) on the spigot before attaching the hose?

Sponsored Links
The spigot is cut off enough. I could possibly cut about one and a half cms off of the hose end which would may allow the spigot to go further inside the hose.

ok calm down mate just trying to help

if you dont cut of enough then you are trying to seal on too small a diameter pipe for the washing machine hose.

never really had one of these leak before. try wrapping some PTFE around the spigot then pop the hose on that should do it

Sponsored Links
Good idea, I'll try that. I was calm by the way, honestly. Praps I won't italicise words in future as it can imply that the the poster is in a high state of anxiety which is not the case, really . :)

It sure did, CM. That joint is now as tight as a crabs backpassage! (I am an expert in crustacea by the way). Thanks very much for your help! :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back