Washing machine waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am fitting a standard 40 mm trap for the waste of my washing machine.

I was wondering if i could connect 40mm solvent weld pipe, straight into the standard 40 mm trap.

Thanks
Dave.

Sponsored Links
Hi thanks for the reply.

yes i will be fitting the 40mm solvent weld pipe into the compression fittings of the u trap.

Will this be ok?, wasnt to sure if the pipe would fit as i know it has a larger od than pushfit/compression pipe?

Compression waste is universal, although there are slight differences in th OD of the various pipes, a compression waste will give a watertight fit on most materials. (Assuming there isn't a massive difference in size!)

Sponsored Links
ok thanks its all clear now

can u tell me what to use to terminate my boiler condestation pipe into my washing machine waste. i have not fitted any of it yet, so will be starting from new.

You can obtain a 21.5mm to 40mm solvent weld adaptor. Fit a tee at a suitable point and connect condensate discharge.

Ok thanks for the help.

Next question can the condensation pipe be connected before the u trap, or does it need to be connected after the u trap.

Ok how does the clamp work, which u have suggested, is there any diagrams or information on the internet, which i can refer to ?

Thanks
Dave.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back