Waste / Downpipe Adapter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
At present I have a 10m x 3m roof draining into a leaded trough which then drains through a 68mm down pipe directly into my water butt. Unfortunately there is no overflow on the water butt with the result that after a shower there is standing water in the trough as it cannot drain.

Next to the water butt there is a 55mm waste pipe concreted into the ground that is currently capped-off. Ideally I would like to convert the 68mm fitting on the trough to 55mm so it can go straight down the 55mm waste and I can fit a diverter kit for the water butt.

Basically I need a 55mm to 68mm converter which can be used in reverse.

Before everyone jumps on me, I realise that making the diameter of the pipe smaller will increase the pressure / slow the draining, but I would rather have it draining somewhere slowly, than being gently absorbed by my foundations! Its a bodge, but the guy that started building the house 400 years ago stated in a bodge style, so I am just being historically accurate.

Where can I get the 55mm - 68mm converter, of should I just use a load of gaffer and an old flowerpot?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back