Waste pipe blocking at main junction

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have searched the forum for an answer but no joy so I'm hoping you can help...

Since moving in to our house 2 months ago, the waste pipe had backed up 4 times - we have a manhole cover in our back garden and so it's not hard to unblock but I don't wish to keep doing it.

It appears to block at the point it reaches the sewer pipe that links our stretch of houses. It runs parallel to our house and our waste pipe runs straight to it without any other bends or pipes joining it.

There doesn't appear to be a lip or edge which is stopping the flow.

I have also upped the amount of water that toilet issues when flushing but still no joy.

Any help would be appreciated on what to do next!

Sponsored Links
It appears to block at the point it reaches the sewer pipe that links our stretch of houses. Any help would be appreciated on what to do next!
Contact your sewerage supplier - they are now obliged to clean that shared drain FREE of charge :!:

Sponsored Links
Possible it's Anglian Water, depending on the area of Buck's, regardless of that, if they keep having to come out to sort it, they may well alter the situation to prevent the problem reoccurring.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back