Waste pipe drop required through wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm attempting to install a shower into my downstairs cloakroom. The first fix of pipes has been done by my local plumber, leaving me to deal with the rest.

I'm using a mcalpine shower waste, that has a 135 degree multifit which I then need to create some pipework to take away the water. In order to take the water away, it looks like I need to fit another 135 degree pipe to flatten out the pipe before I take it through the cavity wall and into the gully outside. Is it ok to have a flat run through the wall, or should I try to get some kind of drop through all parts of the pipework?

Sponsored Links
Ideally you want some fall, so water does not settle nor does hair, grease, grime or soapy stuff etc.. Or you could end up with problems

Last edited:
Great - thank you - I'll try to get a shallow drop ( I guess in reality I won't be able to drill a dead straight whole through the wall in any case )

Sponsored Links
The hose through the wall should be level but you go bigger, for a 40mm waste you drill a 52mm hole.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back