Waste pipe from bath/sink goes slighly uphill? New install

G

gcltd

Hi,

I've had a bathroom installed and the waste from the bath/sink runs along the wall and in to the waste pipe.
The run from the bath to the waste pipe is around 4-5ft but as it get closer to the waste pipe, I can see that the pipe goes slighly uphill then it connects to the waste so the whole run isnt at a downward gradiant - plus the gradiant it does have is very slight.

Plumber advised this isn't a problem but I'm not sure.

Is this a problem or will this cause me a problem in the near future?

Any advise is appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
It all depends on what you consider is a "very slight gradient"

18mm fall for every metre run is recommended to stop water (and muck) collecting in waste pipe.

Absolutely hopeless, shower water will lie in the pipe, which will soon block with hair and scum. You need a good clean fall from shower to soil stack to get everything out. See my post on the other thread here about low-level shower trays.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Thanks for replying, I'll measure the total drop.

I suggested he raised the bath to give it a drop but insists he cant see a problem?

I'll check out the total drop based on the 18mm posting and get him to sort it out.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back