Waste Pipe Issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Got a little issue I need some help with.

I have a washing plumbed in under my stairs (quite a spacy room) and the waste outlet runs through the wall next to the washing machine approx 3 inches above floor level. the washer hose is connected to a spigotn which then runs along another wall, up a slight incline and out into the 110mm soil stack.

2 problems here - first is the slight incline. i cannot see another way around it without altering my entire waste system. the second issue is I want to install a wash basin (the washer outlet pipe runs through a downstairs cloak) just after the spigot connection and run the waste into the washing machine waste pipes, but fear that because of the slight incline, there will be too much standing water in the system and the basin won't drain properly.

Is there anything on the market I can use to boost the flow of the water out to the soil stack? a small pump or something without spending an arm and a leg?

Thanks all.

Sponsored Links
Can you get a lower connection to the soil stack? No drain should have a rise to the main drain.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back