waste pipe noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a new upstairs bathroom fitted recently. Now every time (especially in the early morning) after I use the washing basin tap in the bathroom, there is a knocking noise every 20 seconds or so from the sink waste pipe (inside the wall), lasting for about a few minutes. It seems it does not matter if I use the hot or cold tap.

What could be the cause of this and how to get rid it? Is it because of air trapped in there?

Any tip much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Hi there,

How is the water supplied to your basin, mains or from a tank in the loft.

If from tank in the loft, then check out the ball valve in your cold water tank, washer maybe on the way out making it vibrate when refilling.

If all is mains pressure then could jumper in tap if traditional style taps or pipes not clipped properly.

Rico

Sponsored Links
good point ...it might not be the waste. To Test ;) pour water from another container down basin :idea: Having drawn the water previously.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back