Waste Pipe Size 32mm 40mm

Looks like this could turn into a full scale ruck. Have you got your Horlicks ready Son? Hope you like a late nite, ;)

Sponsored Links
bs guidlines on pipe sizing are for guidance against self and induced syphonage etc.e.g of a bs rule. a soil pipe should be between a certain gradient due to being, a too less fall and **** wont flow and too much of a gradient, it will flow the water too fast but leave the **** behind.point of this im getting at.is in the real world i ,must drive past,see or work on about 80% of waste arangements that dont come close to building regs.thats the fact.and in that i see alot of 32mm on things like kitchen sinks and so on. when it should be 40mm.

Looks like this could turn into a full scale ruck. Have you got your Horlicks ready Son? Hope you like a late nite, ;)
Naa not really, can't be arsed with it; too busy giving folks decent advice & you know I'm right ;) I'm sure you'll still get that nomination for "Plumber of the Year" though. :LOL:

Fair enough. ;) Keep on giving advice, you won`t get any work but at least the muscles in your mouth will be huge.

Sponsored Links
Fair enough. ;) Keep on giving advice, you won`t get any work but at least the muscles in your mouth will be huge.
Won't get any work, do me a favor I have all the work I need thanks :rolleyes: a lot of it comes from putting right other people’s mistakes & outright bodges. ;)

Just to pick up on Holty's point; not good to run it all the way in 32mm but it won’t be the first time it’s been done & even that would be better than reducing the waste from 40mm to 32mm as it enters the stack; that’s just asking for trouble.

I really don’t know why you felt the need to pick a fight with me but you started it! I can see you probably have experience in the CH world but you also seem to have had at least one other ruck since you joined & that was only 3 days ago! What are you trying to prove? Is it some sort of early “mark” you’re trying to make on the Forum or is it just insecurity you feel. ;)

I really don’t know why you felt the need to pick a fight with me but you started it! I can see you probably have experience in the CH world but you also seem to have had at least one other ruck since you joined & that was only 3 days ago! What are you trying to prove? Is it some sort of early “mark” you’re trying to make on the Forum or is it just insecurity you feel. ;)

Been here for years, Sonny, only rude to people who are first rude to me.

Nah,,, only kidding, just joined recently but try telling some people here that, they are all paranoid about you being someone else. :LOL: what`s that all about?

Excellent advice guys

Mr Legion u put it into context well when u say 8mm difference that's what I think unfortunate but making best of a bad situation

Mr dextrous that's an excellent idea unfortunatley the damn thing turns 90 as soon as it leaves the house, in-fact the entire vertical soil pipe including all connections to it are fully boxed in and inaccesible but that was done under building regs I've seen the papers for the house

Mr C your advice is correct it matches the building regs yes but everyone knows I'm sure you can't comply 100% of the time with existing work that's why I ask experienced people if they have in real life actually had any physical noticeable experiences I am in the same boat as you fixing other people's bodges here :cry: I fully appreicate your sound advice

Mr Legion your idea of dropping the waste downstairs is very interesting cus by chance I have a shower room underneath the only prob is it adds 3.5m to the run making a total 7.5m but 5m horizontal, is vertical drop not included in total length cus if not my total run would 5m which should be okay in 50mm right?

Mr Holty that makes me feel better and puts in context

Mr C
not good to run it all the way in 32mm but it won’t be the first time it’s been done & even that would be better than reducing the waste from 40mm to 32mm as it enters the stack; that’s just asking for trouble.
that's what I thought thanks for confirming I may use 32 then with an anti-vac hopefully should be okay or should I run 7.5m (inc 2.5m vertical) in 50mm to the downstairs shower-room?

okay thanx mr legion can i just confirm before I order pipe that you're saying it's better to run 7.5m (inc 2.5m vertical) 50mm waste (to downstairs shower and basin) than 6m 32mm horizontal (to vertical soil pipe) and anyone else agree? :rolleyes: Mr C? Mr Dextrous? Mr Holty? :rolleyes:

Jeez Monty lad your starting to wear out me fingers! :D

You can`t just connect in your 50mm waste into the shower waste downstairs because that`s just completey defeating the object innit.

Your shower waste will be in 40mm, then again seeing as it`s your house it`s anyone`s guess. Your 50mm waste now has to go out and connect to soil stack, all other wastes will now have to go in to this so you may have to do a bit of jiggling about downstairs also. You may have to now take out shower waste which is in 40mm, use this route for your 50mm if this is possible then reconnect your shower into this.

All your wastes will now connect in to the 50mm going to stack, how`s that me old son?

OR You can just drop your wastes from upstairs in 50mm into shower room then straight out and into stack, no need to connect in downstairs wastes if you don`t have to.

Sorry Mr Legion, being wise and knowledgeable comes with great responsibility :D

The shower waste downstairs goes into a hole in the floor, I mean a hole with one of those modern plasticky rubber thingies that goes into a recently installed undergound soil pipe

What I meant was that should I send the upstairs bath and basin 50mm waste into that hole downstairs then tee the downstairs shower and basin into that making a total of 4 items into that 50mm pipe that isn't too much is it?

Thanks very much dude :D

Go for it Monty Son, remember that you will need to buy a new connection into soil stack to take the 50mm. Also use 45 degree bends rather than 90 degree bends wherever possible, reduces risk of blockages. I never use a 90 elbow if I don`t have to.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back