waste pipe too high

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi again guys. The existing copper waste pipe to connect up the new acrylic bathtub trap is too high. Of course i can adjust its legs but it does not look very stable. Could i just keep the legs short and rest the bathtub with its legs on planks of timber to make for the height?....or how would you tackle that problem best? Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
You can put it on 4x2 timber and lower the legs but remember the height of the bath in relation to the bath panel.

Either alter the waste pipe or stand the bath on some 6×2s / 6×3s to make up the difference, I'd alter the waste out of preference though

Bath legs should be stood on 4 x 2 to spread the load anyway.

Actual height should fit the panel as already posted.

Sponsored Links
Thanks again for your inputs guys. I would also go for waste pipe alteration but the the CI soil stack runs up on the outside wall and branches off through the bathroom wall so altering the bathtub waste pipe is not straightforward unless i chop off the the CI soil stack to lower the height of the branch and so on....which becomes a job and a half!!! I think in this situation it is much easier to rest the bathtub on pieces of timber as you have suggested. Thanks a lot.

As for the bathtub panel yes indeed it is going to be a problem because the panel is going to be short but it is better to tackle that problem by making one with plywood than going for pipe alteration as i have mentioned earlier on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back