Waste Pipe & vent Pipe Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, first time poster long time reader……

I’m hoping to get a wall knocked down between my kitchen & conservatory to open up the kitchen, only problem is there is a waste pipe from the bathroom toilet and another ‘vent pipe’ running down the internal kitchen wall, (boxed in) that are in the way. The ‘vent pipe’ runs from the kitchen floor (from/to the waste pipe under the house?) all the way through the house to the roof.

My questions are how easy is it to re-route the waste pipe outside down the external wall and back into the original place. Secondly do I need the ‘vent pipe’, can it be re-routed or is it the law to have one.

Thanks in advance.

Yorki

Sponsored Links
its easy to move the waste pipe providing you can still get your toilet waste to link up with the pipe once its moved.

if your going to start altering the pipework where it joins under the kitchen floor etc you'll need to get on to planning at the council.

to be honest it's not the waste pipe that is bothering me, I have faith in my ability to move it without too much trouble. It's the vent pipe, do I need it or can I use an extension to the waste and have a single pipe?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back