Waste Vent Pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a large (4 inch) vent pipe from my bathroom waste running up the bathroom wall, through the attic and out through the roof. I would like to hide it by putting it behind the plasterboard lining but it's far to large. Could I reduce its size down to around 2 inch so that I can hide it, or will this upset the waste system? Waste discharges to private septic tank and house is single storey.

Sponsored Links
You can reduce the pipe diameter or you can install an Air admittance valve (Durgo valve) which you install above the highest appliance this can be boxed in They cost between £10 and £35 depending on size

Thanks, Compeat - I can now move ahead, so Mrs Mac will be pleased and matrimonal harmony will return....
mac

A durgo does not provide a vent - you'll need one somewhere to let out any gases coming back from your s.t.

Sponsored Links
ChrisR said:
A durgo does not provide a vent - you'll need one somewhere to let out any gases coming back from your s.t.

He will know what you mean when hes reduced the pipe and the toilet starts to make smelly burps! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back