Bungalow waste water proposal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

Any plumbing people have a glance at this and tell me what they think???

Single storey Bungalow with septic tank
Poposed waste will be
1) dedicated soil pipe from WC going straight to manhole

2) kitchen waste (sink,washing machine and dishwasher) going to a gully through a single pipe. This gully will then feed to the manhole

3)Bathroom sink,shower,bath going to ANOTHER gully through a single pipe. This gully will then also feed to the manhole

So I will have three pipes going to the manhole and then this will flow to the septic tank.

Does this sound like a good plan or am I missing something fundamental?

Many Thanks in advance.

V :D :D

Sponsored Links
I`d put as many wastes as possible into the wc soil/vent pipe. And run wastes separately. But I don`t know the layout and dimensions, :(

Thanks for response
Everthing is on ground floor-level so I dont think a stack will do because the connections for the non-WC waste would be too low I think.

The WC waste will be very close to the ground so I dont think I can get any wastes joining the stack underneath can I???

Any ideas?

V

Sponsored Links
To get the vent -pipe would I have a short stack then for just the WC and the vent at the top of this mini stack?

Thanks for all the help chapies

V

My personal thoughts are that you will neeed a full size stack otherwise you may have a nice aroma come back from your septic tank.

Don't think an AAV will be applicable in this case.

Building Control will give you a definitive answer but I suspect you will have to have a full stack. :D

Short stack for wc? .. You need a vent the same size as the drain ...100mm. Run up the wall and over the gutter to a point 900mm above nearest windowheight. Thats the soil+vent. into this you branch the wc.100mm. the basin and sink wastes can go into the vent...Bath and shower too low-go into gulley.

Nige F said:
Short stack for wc? .. You need a vent the same size as the drain ...100mm. Run up the wall and over the gutter to a point 900mm above nearest windowheight. Thats the soil+vent. into this you branch the wc.100mm. the basin and sink wastes can go into the vent...Bath and shower too low-go into gulley.

The WC is on ground floor and my understanding is that this can discharge directly to the drain without a stack (once the distance from the top of the trap on the WC and the drain is less than 1.5m). Can anyone clarify this??

I dont really want a stack because the waste from the Basin,Shower, Bath will be too low to join the stack as these are also on ground floor level and are low running pipes under floor boards so they are perfect for gullies.

Thanks again folks

V

Ah..... pipes Under the floor already :confused: I see it all now :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back