Waste water how deep and would it go right underhouse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Another conservatory question i found some pipes what i though were waste soil pipes infact there waste water from my taps, so thinking on the last side of my footing for the conserv i would find the soilwaste pipe, ive gone down 800mm and on the way discovered the normal sand and pebbles but only found a water inlet pipe at about 600mm down. im slightly parranoid now that i might be just above the hidden waste soil but the soil seem solid and ready for footings im now ready to build foundation up with cement hmmmmmm or is it that it might go down underhouse to front road were the main pipes are or hopefully its going 90 degrees and going out from house from other side of the wall.

I do know the soil pipe is hidden in the house middle of conserv area at back of wall and my other waste pipes are 750mm im confused:?:

Thanks for reading

Lee

Sponsored Links
It wont be any deeper than the other pipes you've found, and unlikely to go off in a different direction if the rest of the sewers drain to the rear. I would hazard a guess the kitchen waste and soil from bathroom use the same pipe.

Easy test. Lift cover on manhole, get someone to run taps, then flush W.C., see if the water arrives in the manhole.

You can also get some food dye from your local supermarket, blue, green and red. Then test the sink, bath and toilet. But as Hugh says probably all going into same pipe.

Andy

Sponsored Links
Thanks alot lads ive just tried what you said and you are correct its all linked to the same pipe under the mancover. ;)

You learn something everyday :D

Lee

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back