Deep drainage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After 4 exploration trenches I can only assume that the existing foul drain is going from an inspection chamber and connecting to the main sewer pipe at an angle of about 30 degrees. Not to undermine the garage foundations, I recon I need to dig down about 3.5m to connect the new pipe to the old clay pipe. It also means I will cross the gas, electric and water mains :( . Theres no evidence of a back drop.

What digger do I need :eek: and what safety precautions do I need, to miss the incomming services and safety for depth of trench? The soil is gravell and likely to collapse if Im not quick.

Sponsored Links
I recon I need to dig down about 3.5m to connect the new pipe to the old clay pipe..........What digger do I need
You need a civil engineering company not a digger! :eek:

Put pictures of the trench up when its dug!! And give my regards to the earths core! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Just to let you know BC has OK'd an internal invert backdrop into the existing 1200mm PCC manhole. After reading one of Noseall's topics I thought it was long shot but hes made my day. Plastic is OK, as long as it discharges inline with existing chanel,as low as possible to the invert, it must not hamper access and as expected a capped off T piece for roding.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back