Strange inlet pipe at top of inspection chamber

Just had the man from Homeserve out to rod the system - no blockage, just overshoot of the waste because the "T" is so close to the back of the chamber. That s**t filled socket (sorry about that, breakfasting folks, but I thought a graphic image was needed!) is probably the outer end of the "T" joint and there is no actual "telescopic" run of pipe. So poor design/cheap practice triumphs again.

Beyond a complete re-build, options appear to be limited - guess I'll just have to give it a regular wash 'n brush-up. God knows what the Building Inspector will make of it when we start the porch - no doubt but that it's going to cost.

Thanks again for all the input.

Sponsored Links
If you really want to sort it out, I would think easiest option would be to gently break out around the collar in the wall of the chamber, and carefully remove the existing collar. Swap that for a clay to plastic collar, then fit a 110mm cap in the new adaptor collar. (Assuming it is the newer type of Supersleve clay drain and not the older Hepsleve type, the clay to plastic collar wont fit the Hepsleve pipe. :cry: )

Otherwise if you can live with it, the occasional hose down may not hurt, but it's obviously been that way since it was built, and is working ok otherwise. :cool: Bear in mind however, the level of the rodding access will be the level of the sewer from the chamber to the stack, referring to your first post it's going to be in the way of the founds for your proposed porch, so may need to be altered anyway..... :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back