Water Accumulators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Need some advice on the best way forward for water accumulators

We run a BnB(bnb_a) whereby guests stay in their own building (c/w shower, boiler etc). The water supplied is fed by the mains supplied to our house. This has worked fine in the past but we are now building another bnb building(bnb_b) to house more guests (4). This new building will have another shower and kitchen facilities

I'm currently investigating whether I need some form of water storage/accummulator to supply all three buildings without reasonable interruption to supply

Space is llimited to house anything sizeable in bnb_a. I can just about fit a 100ltr accumulator (1000mm x 530mm). Or more preferable would be a 50ltr accumulator in both buildings.

Is this a feasible solution and more importantly does anyone have any experience with these units - do they work?

Many thanks

Andrew

Sponsored Links
There are some calculations to do, based on existing main pressure & flow rate (Static & Dynamic) & the number of outlets (taps) & potential number of occupants, -however from your description and rule of thumb I would suggest a 500 Litre accumulator would be about right - 100Litre would only serve a fairly small load TBH! ;)

Hi

Many thanks for the replies There is usually two staying but the max is four - every now and again we have four

Should i split the water accumulators (2x250) or just one big 1

I'm waiting delivery of a flow meter to do some calcs and then from there i can start. Been in touch with TWS (total water solutions) who require flow and pressure figures before proceeding

Sponsored Links
TWS are a fantastic company their advice will be gold dust Darren Cooper is an old friend of mine ;)

Thanks for the heads up they seemed quite switched on. Just done a flow and pressure test

Pressure 3.6bar
Flow: 12.5 litres/minute.

This test was done at the stand pipe of the first bnb building. I thougt it best done there rather than at the house as this is where the accummulator will be situated

they would want readings from near the mains stopcock and also from a couple of outlets.

Your figures do not seem correct

3.6bar with 12.5 lt/min indicate a pipesize of less than 6mm.

I would guess you have given static pressure 3.6bar

You need to know what the pressure is when the tap is performing at 12.5lt as well.

TWS will probably suggest that you site the accumulators as close as possible to where you need to use the water.So that you get best effect

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back