water board error

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

The council are renewing the footpath outside my house.

Today whilst digging they nearly crushed the plastic water pipe, fortunately they spotted it just in time before the digger pulled it.
It is only about 30cm deep.
They don't seem too bothered about it and are planning to complete the works in the next few days.

Should I alert UU to this or just leave it. I was under the impression that water pipes had to be deeper than that.

I've took some pics just in case anything happens.

What is your take on this? is it quite common to find pipes buried at a shallow depth?

thanks

Sponsored Links
My pipes are normally laid 600mm deep minimum, not sure of the regs in your area. Still report it though just to cover your supply.

Tony

depth 750 to1350

but water board put it there and the pipe on your land will be same inadequate depth if you ask board to put theirs at regulation depth (which they wuldn't do as the regs don'tapply to them they are what they use against us) they will expect you to follow suit.

As wesay in Yorkshire "best to say nowt"

surely they would have to cover my costs if the my length was not compliant with the regs?

it's them who have cocked up.

Sponsored Links
Your a dreamer or an idiot either way I'm glad youre not my neighbour with that attitude..

The regulations change when it suits. The pipework may not now be to regulations, but when it was layed maybe it was.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back