Water coming out the soap tray.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a Hotpoint WD62, recently when I first start a programme I find that some water/soap is coming out the soap tray and running down the front of the machine.

Any ideas anybody?!

Cheers, Tim.

Sponsored Links
pull the drawer out. Scrub it in hot water to remove the congealed soap powder.

Scrub out the hole that the drawer slides into as well.

My cure-all.

JohnD said:
pull the drawer out. Scrub it in hot water to remove the congealed soap powder.

Scrub out the hole that the drawer slides into as well.

My cure-all.

Right, I tried that, my soap tray is not soap+scum free. :D

It still p**ses water all over the floor when taking the soap from the tray. :mad:

Sponsored Links
The hose from the dispenser to the tub is like a u bend sometimes undissolved lumps of powder block it stopping water entering the drum, or a child has posted something in the drawer which is now lodged in the hose give it a squeeze and see.

Tim

Take the top off and start the cycle, look at the hose from the soap tray to see if its disloged or twisted, if its not connected properly it will leak and push water back throught the tray.....

Hope it works :)

Tim 77 said:
I've got a Hotpoint WD62, recently when I first start a programme I find that some water/soap is coming out the soap tray and running down the front of the machine.

Any ideas anybody?!

Cheers, Tim.

TRY REDUCING THE PRESSURE OF THE WATER ENTERING THE WASHER HOTPOINT OR ALWAYS DOING THAT SORT OF THING

Lynda, moderator

Please turn caps lock off, and do not tick "Disable BBCode in this post" as this stops "quotes" from being highlighted

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back