water damage - kitchen wall - paint bubbling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello there, after some advice if you would be so kind :)

have a had a leaking flat roof i nthe kitchen which is now fixed. water has enter the building and caused some of the paint to bubble up, i have scraped this off and the wall has been left to dry for over a month, doesnt seem to be any more water egress.

Now i am left with painted section of walls and other parts which are dark grey, the original plaster. now to fix i would have to PVA/water the grey plaster then paint over the top?

the issue i see is that where i havent scraped off bubbling paint is about 4/5 layers of paint thicker tha nthe rest of the wall. do i have to scrape all the paint of this wall or this another fix?

many thanks in advance

Welsh

Sponsored Links
don't ever apply PVA if you hope to paint over it.

to paint on fresh dry plaster, apply one or more coats of matt white emusion thinned with water so it soaks in and fills the absorbtion.

to bring forward surfaces that have lost their paint, use fine surface filler. A broad metal filling knife will help you press it down flush with the painted surfaces. Scrape smooth with a broad metal scraper, this is flatter and cleaner than trying to sand it.

thanks for the quick reply John, i will pop to B and Q tonight and get some equipment. thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back