water dripping through the facia

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have water dripping through the facia, I can't see any water running down the facia. Maybe it's getting into soffit and soaking through under the facia? Has anyone experienced this?
image0-175.jpeg

Attachments

• image1-104.jpeg
    image1-104.jpeg
    33.8 KB · Views: 17
Sponsored Links
Is there a coldwater storage tank in the loft that is overflowing?

Does it leak after rain? then needs eaves trays to be fitted.

Andy

It's quite probable that there's a blockage or damage in the gutters that's causing water to back up and seep into the soffit area.

Sponsored Links
Can be a problem with gutter position or tile overhang .
I don't think it's the tile overhang if this instance. As when I spray water over the tiles, the facia is dry. Seems to happen when I spray water into the valley.

Is there a coldwater storage tank in the loft that is overflowing?

Does it leak after rain? then needs eaves trays to be fitted.

Andy
Hi Andy, No storage tank. Yes it leaks after raining, I think it has something to do with the valley. I thought about eaves trays as the old felt has rotten and we put in some new felt strips to bridge the gap..but the issue is the facia is set quite high and there isn't much of a downward angle for water to run off the trays. Still I think it should be worth a try. Maybe the drips are from water pooling at the eaves?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back