water entering the basement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
had seepage at wall/floor joint before on occasions , now the stone flagged basement floor has a hole in a mortar joint with bubbling water entering .... all came about after the heavy rains last week!!

most of the neighbours have sealed their basements and are dry

any suggestions for a diy job in the basement ? :oops:

Sponsored Links
Hi,

You could tank out your basement using dimpled menbrane and a sump and pump.

abs - has it only occurred this once? Before you go to the expense of any basement work try to find out where the water came from - any downpipes discharging nearby; is there a rainwater gully nearby that might be blocked and causing overflow? These might cause saturated earth to weep into your cellar through hydraulic pressure; can also be a result of cracked clay drains.

Sponsored Links
that looks interesting. Are (1) and (2) a sort of cement-y thing?

(3) looks like I have seen for spraying onto "green" concrete in tunnels etc, I have an idea it might be a sort of silica-glass (water-glass) product.

TBH have only ever used the KD2 blitz for sealing in rushes and I can testify that it works fine. :D
Its a highy reactive powder. Not sure if it has any properties similar to cement apart from the fact that it is supplied in black coloured dust form.

Might be a good seller in the flood plain areas. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back