Water feature project...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Would live to get some opinions...

We have a small pond on one level of the garden, right at the top of a few metre bank down to another level... My plan...

Dig a cubic metre hole on bottom level. Cutvtge top off a caged 1000 litre ibc tank and put in hole. Cover top of tank in geotextile fabric. Build small pond area on top of buried tank.
Create river using pond liner and stones down bank from top pond to bottom pond. Pump water out of sump back into top pond....

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
You don't say how steep it is, but my immediate thought is that it's going to look like pond liner, because any stone you might put it in will just flow downhill. You may or may not think this is a problem.
IIWY, I would be tempted to make it series of stepped rills that flow into each other.
It's not clear what purpose the IBC tank serves? If you build a pond over it and your pump is in there then that's going to be a maintenance nightmare.

You don't say how steep it is, but my immediate thought is that it's going to look like pond liner, because any stone you might put it in will just flow downhill. You may or may not think this is a problem.
IIWY, I would be tempted to make it series of stepped rills that flow into each other.
It's not clear what purpose the IBC tank serves? If you build a pond over it and your pump is in there then that's going to be a maintenance nightmare.
I think I will build the actual river out of stone, sand and cement, on top of pond liner...

I don't actually want a pond on the bottom level... So perhaps the buried tank just needs to act as a sump.

The bank is currently quite steep, but will have a digger on site soon so could change that...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back