water feed logistics and kitchen layout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all

possibly a stupid question here that i'd appreciate some sense checking on the logiv of before i price up the kitchen as drawn ..

i'm planning on putting in a new kitchen like the below layout.. The mains water feed is on the right hand side of the house but i need to get over to the left to reach the sink etc. The two doors in the kitchen are making it difficult to run the water feed to over to that side.

upload_2021-6-14_16-47-52.png

If i stud out a 50mm zone in the end wall, would it be feasible to run the water feed up and around the door (essentially the dotted line bit would be the feed going up and around the door)

would i be limiting the water pressure to the sink and washing machine by going up and down unnecessarily ? The feed is currently just a 40mm plastic tube. is there a maximum bending of the pipe i need to take into account?

The kitchen floor is solid, so cant run the services in that either .

alternatively i could go through the ceiling but the same questions about pressure would apply and id still need a studed zone to come down from the ceiling to the units without boxing out

any thoughts would be welcome thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
ha, oh yeah ive confused that i think with the waste pipe diameter

i'd need the hot and cold getting over to the RHS, so what are they typically - 22mm and 15mm?

Only need a 22mm supply for a bath, if fed from a vented cylinder. Anything else will be fine in 15mm. Either, run supplies through the ceiling void and drop down in a corner before running behind the cupboards or you could box them in at ceiling level in the room before dropping down.

Usual practice is to run through the ceiling void. Providing you have reasonable water pressure then bends wont matter, although good practice is to use a few as possible. Every joint is one more chance of a leak!

Sponsored Links
ah ok thank you thats useful info. yes wanted to avoid joints where possible!

i dont think i can drop down from the ceiling without boxing in as there arent any overhead units on the side with the sink etc. could go across the ceiling and chase it in the brick work behind the dot and dab though ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back