water filter joints leaking!

That type of fitting seals on the flange-face, not via the threads. You need a sealing washer such as a soft copper, fibre, retained o-ring or Dowty type device to effect an engineered fix.

Sponsored Links
The other 3 joins dont have the washer you are describing and seem fine. I'm inclined to PTFE it up again and apply LSX. I do think this join has slightly less PTFE tape than the joint that is now fixed

Will there be any issues with pulling apart this join since I used LSX?

Update: I pulled apart the final leaking joint. Added more PTFE tape and LSX. I then left it to dry overnight and have now had the water running at full pressure for over 3 hours without any leak. I think it's finally resolved although I have noticed a small smear of water appear after several hours in previous instances. My paranoia I think...

Thanks for all your help again.

Sponsored Links
#30 second photo shows the fitting,usually on them fittings more ptfe is wound on at the flange end to the height of the flange.

The water seal is created between the flange and the filter.

try not to move the fitting when screwing in the copper pipe :idea:

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back