Water flowing through a vent pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

changed a system boiler today. No changes to the configuration of the pipes has been made. Changed the 3 port valve but A & B going in same direction of old 3 port valve. New flow is to old flow and new return is to old return. Pump speed the same. Water is now being pushed up the vent into the F&E tank. Reduced pump speed but stays the same. Any ideas what could be causing this please?

Mark

Sponsored Links
Is the pump on the return?

The new boiler probably has a much greater internal resistance.

Tony

I take it you mean a open vent boiler and not system :eek: A system boiler wouldn't have a F&E tank.

Do you know for sure it wasn't doing this with the old boiler and this is what has caused the old on to fail?

Sounds like an incorrect piping arrangement with the feed and vent or a blockage somewhere.

Pump is on the flow. As it was before - no piping has been changed.

Was not overflowing before - have powerflushed also - no blockages seem apparent.
:confused:

Sponsored Links
How high does the open vent rise above the water level in the CF tank? It nees to be at least 18 inches

3 port wrong way around or you have crossed your flow & return pipework.

According to softus and a few other experts it isn't posible so it must be a dream or a wind up.

It will be all right when you wake up :rolleyes:

doitall said:
According to softus and a few other experts it isn't posible so it must be a dream or a wind up.
This is a simple case of pumping over; it might be slight, or it might be severe.

What doitall is getting confused about is a topic where the debate concerned warm water back-feeding from a DHW cylinder cold feed.

In case anyone is interested, here it is:
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=57057

The moral? Don't try and be too clever when you've passed retirement age.

doitall said:
Wrong thread softus :LOL: have another think :rolleyes:

pssssst,

Welcome back :LOL: :LOL: Thought rogue traders had caught up with you for a while there. :evil: :evil:

As I already said, you're confused.

If you want to play silly games then try someone else, otherwise just correct me where I'm wrong and have done with it. :rolleyes:

er, hi guys..
sorry for butting in, i was just randomly searching the net for info and i found this thread.. my dad has an s plan ch system which has just started feeding back into the f&e cistern. Nothing has been changed on it recently. As this seemed related to this thread, it didnt seem worth starting a new one.. hope thats ok.
btw i do kitchens and bathrooms, ch isnt really my thing..
I'm thinking it must be a blockage, could it be anything else? ta muchly in advance 4 any help.
felix

felix999 said:
As this seemed related to this thread, it didnt seem worth starting a new one.. hope thats ok.
It isn't related. Please start a new topic, but by all means refer to this one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back