Water heating options advice???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Newbie here so forgive this question if it's stupid... :)

Just bought a flat, with no gas, and I'm exploring options for heating systems.

The main requirement is that I have a nice powerful hot shower that will last long enough for two people to shower. Currently the flow is pretty pathetic and the heat gradually fades the longer it's on.

I currently have an immersion heater hot water tank and a cold water tank above the hot water tank, in the loft.

Ideally I'd also like to have mains water in all the cold taps not just the kitchen, and ditch the cold water tank completely. It's old and manky, so it's either that or replace it which given the size of my loft hatch is going to be tricky.

Any advice gratefully received!

Thanks,

Ben.

Sponsored Links
Go for a mains fed electric shower with a high rating 10.5 kw Triton or Mira will give you all the hot water on demand.
You could also install a mains fed unvented hwc which have a quick heat recovery and stay hot alot longer than the foam clad cylinders.

All of this depends on your mains flow and pressure rate being adequate.
Pete

You can also look at cylinders that heat from off peak electricity, that will give you mains pressure hot water, same pressure cold water (balanced feeds) and radiators run off it as well.

Sponsored Links
Welshman yes it is. They have diff names for it now depending on supplier etc same set up though.
Pete

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back