Water in footings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ,

The porch saga continues… I’ve not been able to do some in a while due to health issues however it’s nearly dug out… the house appears to be On a 6-8inch slab so gone way past that anyway …

I keep on getting water in the bottom of my footings, all pipework is in tact and it’s not rained. Could this be water from
Under the house or the water table what I’ve heard about?

The footings are clay! Will it be ok to poor my concrete into these footings after I have drained it all out again … I’m unsure what If anything I need to do before the concrete ?

Thanks
Jake :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    490.7 KB · Views: 108
Sponsored Links
I imagine you need to pump the water out faster than it is replaced by - presumably - the water table, and then pour the concrete. Are BC involved and what do they say?

Blup

In the middle of the worst drought in 50 years, you have to seriously explore the possibility of a water leak that you have not yet found.

Hi John,
Definitely not a leak but appreciate the thought… I’m a plumber so was my first thought lol

Blup- thinks for the comment yep I agree with pumping out etc , no bc not involved as it’s a permitted development porch… just wasn’t sure if I could poor it on when pimped out? Thanks :)

Sponsored Links
When I had my front extension footings ready for filling, it was ****ing down and I had about a foot of water in the bottom of the footings trench (clay soil). The building inspector checked them and told me to just hire a pump to pump the water out just before the pour.

That soil looks much damper than it should be at this time of year. And a trench should not be filling with water in August.

Put some drain dye down your drain to see if water in trench changers colour, may be cracked drain and leaking.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back