Water in ground floor pipework.?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

I drained down my open-vented heating system over a year ago and removed some rads, the system is not being used.

I have the feed pipe from the feed and expansion tank fully closed .I checked a few times at one of the rad valves downstairs where the radiator has been removed and there's about 10 litres of water draining out each time ,this is about 6 months after checking previously.

The oil boiler is slightly above the level of the ground floor pipework and I have drained it at the drain outlet on boiler.

Where would this water be getting into the heating system?

Thanks for any advice

Sponsored Links
Do you have a hot water cylinder with a coil inside ? Could be perforated. And make sure no water ,not a drop ,is getting into the f&e tank.

Hi thanks for your reply

I had thought about the coil leaking into the system

There's nowhere else it can get in apart from the tank and the coil is there?

Not really. Can you post pics of pipework around cylinder ? You may have isolation valves that can isolate feed and return to coil .

Sponsored Links
Thanks

There's a valve on the bottom end of the coil which I have now turned off

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back