Water ingress on chimney in loft

Sponsored Links
HIghly technical input here - on the ridge tiles in pic 1 the uppy sideways overlap bit isn't against the stack, but it is, in pic 2.

1670425997255.png

Pic one has 1 row of slates, pic 2 has about 7 rows...

yes because the chimney does do sit exactly in the centreline of the ridge - and the tiles was explained above by others.
Not on centreline ok, gotcha, but where's that bit on pic 1 - it would have to be on the right. Unless he changed the direction of the ridge tiles?

1670427411694.png

Sponsored Links
Post #17, You are talking out of your fundamental - perhaps you are burdened by previously simply talking nonsense. I think you must be very unhappy - or are you sad that you've never been employed

in the building trade?
Oh dear, oh dear, where to begin...
For a start, perhaps you could learn to use quotes?
I've just rebuild my stacks
You show two different stacks - neither stack has been taken "down to roof level"?
Yes, he has taken down 'stacks' - as he has taken down stacks, what is wrong with showing pics of both.

But then, even with pressure building, suggesting that the stacks are the same:
No way is that the same stack.
But you just saying that means nothing - prove its the same stack, please give me details?
You repeat the assertion that they are different stacks; you give no evidence whatsoever to your assertion, but expect others to provide evidence on the contrary.

As it is, I believe they may be two different stacks - my evidence is the lip on the ridge tile not being visible in the wider picture....as well as exedons mention of "stacks".

And when you don't get your own way, it's on to the personal insults, rather than informed discussion.

...oh, and I am happy! :)

Appologies to the OP for the irrelevant bickering...

Last edited:
Some unhelpful, antagonistic posts have been removed
I am worried that it looks like the flaunching was done in regular sand and cement. I believe that it should have been sharp sand-I might be wrong though.

Oh dear, oh dear, where to begin...
For a start, perhaps you could learn to use quotes?

And when you don't get your own way, it's on to the personal insults, rather than informed discussion.

...oh, and I am happy! :)

Tell has been doing this for years now under various names . It's Full Moon too - definitely sets him off:rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back