Water leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Recently I noticed a leak under the kitchen sink. I managed to locate which pipe was leaking.
The leak is from the join between two pipes. One pipe goes through the wall to the outside drain (drainage pipe).

It is a slow leak between the two pipes.

I initially placed a plastic ice cream container (approx 2 liters) under the leak overnight. In the morning it overflowed !!!

I then used a large mixing bowl to contain the water under the leak overnight. In the morning it overflowed !!!

What is causing so much water to leak ??? The sink itself is empty of water and the dishwasher is turned off, there are no dripping taps, so what is the source of the water ? Could it be the boiler ?

Does anyone know where is the source of this water ?

Sponsored Links
I think a photo would help. It could be from the boiler if the condensate pipe connects up and you have the heating on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back