Water leaking from overflow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

We have a Vaillant boiler (Model VUW242E) which keeps losing pressure. In roughly 10 hours it goes from 1 Bar to 0. During this time the water is leaking from the overflow letting air into the system. It only recently started doing this and I would like to try and fix it myself. Would anyone have any idea what has failed to cause this problem?

Sponsored Links
if you look at FAQ,S at the top of the main page, I think first on the list is repressurising expansion vessel, have a read and repost if you get stuck.

Will do, thank you.

Edit: Actually, that is just literally repressuring it? I can do that, but the pressure always drops within half a day. I'm looking to cure it completely.

Sponsored Links
Sorry no i hadn't, just the first line and jumped to a conclusion :oops:. I'm always telling people off at work for that too.. But its my week off, feeling a bit lazy ;).

no problem, have a look and see if you fancy having a go.

Seems its the expansion vessle, which will need replaced with a new one? Its not a servicable item?

read the faq, its all there......in colour and everything, how to repressurise, how to tell if its knackered, go on you know you want to.

I've taken the front off my boiler, however, I cannot find the PV, could it be extneral somewhere else within the CH system?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back