Water leaking into Toilet Pan Ideal Standard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I have a newer style Ideal Standard Toilet where the water is leaking into the pan. Sometimes the water trickles down quite a bit, sometimes it drips and sometime I struggle to see if it dripping. Seems to change after each flush. Leaks more often than not. Being on a water meter it is starting to annoy me. I have tried the following which has made no difference;

1. Reduced the water level below the line in the cistern
2. Replaced the diaphragm (Armitage Shanks Ideal Standard Univalve QT Cistern Inlet Fill valve Diaphragm)

Any ideas on what it could be ?

Many Thanks in Advance

Sponsored Links
Picture attached as requested, not reaching overflow as I reduced water capacity to below the line in cistern.

Attachments

• IMG_20201015_112815.jpg
    IMG_20201015_112815.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 397
Sponsored Links
Sounds like a new flush valve seal is needed, rather than the inlet valve diaphragm.

Picture attached as requested, not reaching overflow as I reduced water capacity to below the line in cistern.
If you dismantle the flushing part and clean things up you might be able to cure it. Modern plastic ones like that usually just click together, not much kit needed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back