Water main replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When I built my extension a few years ago, I chopped the lead supply pipe about a foot before it went under the new building, put a philmac connector on it and changed it to MDPE ducted and insulated up into the new extension, and that's my water supply. I'm now looking to replace my drive, so the rest of it back to the boundary box should probably also be replaced. Looking at severn trent's lead replacement scheme thing, I think I can dig down to expose the philmac again, which connects lead to plastic, and also show them the internal ducted entry into the stopcock, and they'll then hopefully be OK with me cracking on and digging a 750mm trench straight up the drive to the boundary, laying a new length of MDPE into it, and getting them out to connect their end, at which point I'll just swap the lead for the MDPE at the philmac. I've done slightly similar years ago in a different house and don't seem to recall any real issues. Anyone done this recently and tell me if this plan sounds OK or not? Cheers.

Sponsored Links
I'm sure my scheme (United Utilities) wanted a continuous length of pipe. You may need a chamber over the fitting for inspection/maintenance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back