Changing underground water pipes

You can get a 32mm to Lead UTC, I prefer the Plasson ones.

You could do it live, if you open your 32mm at the Tee and direct it to a drain, cut the lead (get a bit wet), slip the UTC over it and tighten it.

Once that’s on squeeze off your 32mm a bit back from your Tee and push it back in.

Then tell the water board you need a new stop tap, get a bacon butty and brew on before they come.

Sponsored Links
Hi Ian H,

Thank you so much for your helpful reply....that is exactly the response I was looking for :D Thanks for the link too...I have seen the Plasson fittings, but specifically need a valve (tap), as I need to be able to shut the supply of as and when required. There does not appear to be one to transition from 1" lead (1/2" internal diameter) to 32mm MDPE?

Thanks to everybody else who has tried to assist with this and for info about the lead replacement scheme. I will contact UU to ask if they will in fact do it for free...if not, I'll do it myself.

Thanks again!

Sponsored Links
No, yo would need to go from Lead to MDPE then have a tap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back