Water mains pipe major leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a flat built in the 1970s and just received a water bill of £3000. The water co. have been out and said it is a leak between the water meter on the pavement and my flat.

The meter spins round at a rate of knots. I have had a quote to relay a new pipe but have discovered this was done in 1991, I have found paperwork that suggests the last 1m to the meter was not replaced. What pipe would have been fitted in 1991? would it be the blue pipe available now or something different? could it have a leak already in 20 years useage?

I was planning to dig up the last 1 m on my property up to the boundary to see if the leak is there, I cannot see any damp patches on the ground anywhere. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Started digging and found the leak by the boundary on the old pipe! All repaired and sorted

Don't forget if the leak was over the boundary it's the water supplier that picks up the bill. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back