water pipe leak?

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by Newby2, 8 Sep 2021.

1. Newby2

Newby2

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    There was a damp patch next to my neighbour's water meter box for quite some time and eventually they reported to the water company. Last week engineers
    came and repaired the leak (I can see they dug up around his meter box etc.).

Following that, I have found 2 damp patches on the pavement just in front of my driveway. It's about 1 meter away from my meter box. The weather has been very dry for the past few days. I have attached 2 photos.

I just wonder whether this is a new leak from the water supply pipe because somehow they disturbed the pipe when they were trying to fix the neighbour's leak?

Thank for any advice.

Attached Files:

2. Newby2

Newby2

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    By the way, although it looks like a wet patch, it feels dry when I touch it.

3. Sponsored Links
  4. Dereekoo

Dereekoo

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Perhaps they leaked some diesel or oil, and if that was a leak it is such a non leak its not worth worrying qbout

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  5. RonnieE

RonnieE

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    You can always contact the water company to say you think there is a chance that it is still leaking - most water companies are grateful for this as they do not want to waste water and have targets not to too. It is not uncommon for a recent fix to leak.

6. Sponsored Links