Water not draining down waste pipe in shower tray

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I would be grateful if someone could tell me what is causing the water not to flow down the waste but to spill over the edge of the shower tray? This is newly installed Aquabella base slate shower tray. We think the possibilities are that it hasn't been installed correctly (that it's not level), that the tray could be faulty and the profile hasn't been cut out correctly. The plumber has suggested that the shower pressure might be too much and that's what is causing the problem?? Thank you
8E6F7CE9-647B-470F-B6F8-3ADF6DE20F90.jpeg
90233743-2396-4773-9FEE-84BCB37D3EA0.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Get a quality spirit level and check things out.....but that tray just isn't working for you. OK, there could be some splash which could exit the tray but there just isn't a slope to the waste on that one.
John :)

looking at the tiles , there is no slope on the tray towards the waste, if that is just behind the door
loads of figures on the web for the sort of fall you need, wetrooms etc

do you have a level ?

its not been fitted correctly or there’s not enough run in the waste.

Sponsored Links
Trays often have a built in fall, so the tiles don’t necessarily mean there’s no gradient. However looking at what could be a cabinet, the tray does look high there. As suggested get a spirit level, or get the plumber to show you it’s level and if the tray has a built in fall.

I wouldn’t rule out a blockage caused by grout either.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back