Shower tray not perfectly level

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I'm currently renovating our ensuite and I have just laid down a new low profile shower tray, 1200x800.

Bedded in a thin layer of mortor as recommended but it's marginally off level. When I say off level, the bubble isn't perfectly center, just off one line with a small gap in between.... Not touching the line.

Poured some water in the tray and it runs into the trap as its meant too. Worried that as its not perfectly level that once I get the shower in and the flow rate is upped, it will come back to haunt me. Does level really mean perfectly level or is there some tollereance?

Is the risk here the water overflowing to tray?

Sponsored Links
Did you take the level off the upstand or the base, could the base be slightly "un level" to help the water drain.

I'd get it level if you hanging sides on it or a door it'll need to be right especially when you tile it.

Scaff

Yeah, there is a fall built in to the base so the water will drain towards the waste, but the body of the tray (top edges) should be as level as you can get.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back