Water not feeding into gutter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just noticed today in the rain the water coming off my shed flat roof is back tracking under the metal roof and then spilling down the facia board in many places.

I have a feeling the issue is with the pitch of the roof at about 3 degrees.

What solutions could i use to stop the water back flowing?

I am sure i can lift the metal roof a little and insert a length of roofing fabric so this sits in the gutter a little. Or could i run some 4mm butyl sealant tape under the roof to stop it back flowing ?

Attachments

• IMG_1330.jpg
    IMG_1330.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_1331.jpg
    IMG_1331.jpg
    349.1 KB · Views: 245
Sponsored Links
Not much overhang in the gutter at that low pitch. it will track back
you could try bending a drip edge on the flats of the sheets which will encourage water to drip off.

Maybe not the neatest of solutions, but you may need to cut the bottom of the channels either side with a pair of tin snips, and then bend the front downwards a bit.

The drip edge could be an idea.

I have note done a roof like this before and made it so i had 4cm of over hang into the gutter. So not enough it seems.

I will try explore a few ideas in the next few days. Still got to get the cladding on.

Sponsored Links
Fix some 15mm x 15mm ally angle to the end and see if that works as a drip. Use foam window security tape as a joint on the flats.

I've seen it suggested here that running a bead of silicone can also act as as a drip. You might need to removr the guttering to get the gun on it though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back